We (the MTSU Recording Industry students and myself) will blog and admire the history of all things indie. For the indie is the center of the label universe, they record and release that which is unique, that which is unaffected, that which is from the artist. Since the days of Gennett and Okeh then Sun, Chess, Blue Note, Atlantic and now Def Jux, Rounder and Equal Vision – it is the indie label that releases revolution and respects their fans and artists at every step of the way.
Find It In Here Somewhere:
- Yahoo Tumblr Purchase Approved By Board: WSJ huff.to/10f2USQ 15 hours ago
- Lawrence of Arabia dies — History.com This Day in History — 5/19/1935 bit.ly/19QobCY 1 day ago
- May 18. 1896 Supreme Court rules in Plessy v. Ferguson. 1980 Ian Curtis of Joy Division commits suicide And more history.com/this-day-in-hi… 2 days ago
- Indies could end up with some Parlophone assets, confirms EC #indielabels musicweek.com/news/read/indi… 4 days ago
- RT @hypebot: The Tools of Music Fan Engagement [Part 2]: Newsletters bit.ly/12s2zM3 5 days ago